January must be the most boring month of the year: the holidays are over; the weather is bad and there’s nothing fun to do. Your BBB® wants to share 30 useful ways to pass your time in January.
[su_heading style=”flat-blue” size=”15″ align=”left”]5- minute tasks[/su_heading]
- Unsubscribe from a newsletter that drives you crazy.
- Make a fix-it list (vents, doors, you know the drill)
- Make a list of potential handymen/dog walkers/babysitters and stick it on the fridge.
- Set a date with a friend.
- Change or clean at least one filter in your house (central air/ water filter/ stove vent).
- Buy new socks for the whole family.
- Clean and disinfect the space under the stove and behind the refrigerator
- Order batteries online
- Catch up on your thank-you notes.
- Download a game or a meditation app.
[su_heading style=”flat-blue” size=”15″ align=”left”]1-hour tasks[/su_heading]
- Make doctor/dentist appointments for the entire year (and the whole family).
- Unplug the freezer and clean it out.
- Delete spam emails or emails that you just don’t need anymore.
- Clean up and restock your makeup bag.
- Buy a few “emergency presents”- in case you forget someone’s birthday. Buy a few gift cards and place them in your file cabinet.
- Get rid of 5 pieces of clothing that you’re no longer wearing.
- Organize your bills, receipts- file cabinet, here I come!
- Stock up on birthday cards and stamps.
- Add 3 new recipes to your cookbook.
- Sort through your winter and spring clothes.
- Clean out your car: vacuum, organize, inspect medical kit.
- Get a haircut.
- Vacuum and brush your rugs.
[su_heading style=”flat-blue” size=”15″ align=”left”]Weekend tasks[/su_heading]
- Holiday returns- be done with them once and for all!
- Time to paint that room (you know very well which one!)
- Re-organize your garage.
- Do your taxes ahead of time.
- Re-organize your closet.
- Do three things that make you happy: read, hike, go out, watch a good movie, sing (not in the rain, please!)
- Go book-hunting (try consignment stores and flea markets).
And for more information you can trust, visit bbb.org/Evansville!