Your BBB® has learned that Frito-Lay has recalled several sized packages of Lay’s and Miss Vickie’s jalapeno-flavored kettle chips due to Salmonella concerns. This notice from the Food and Drug Administration states that the company has learned of a possible contamination when one of their suppliers recently recalled a seasoning blend that included jalapeno powder.
So far, there haven’t been any reported illnesses related to these products.
The recall covers:
- Jalapeno Flavored Lay’s Kettle Cooked potato chips, all sizes
- Jalapeno Flavored Miss Vickie’s Kettle Cooked, with the inscription “guaranteed fresh by July 4”, all sizes.
- Multipack bags of chips, labeled “use by JUN 20”.
Items included in this recall:
- 12 count Lay’s Kettle Cooked Multipack Sack
• 20 count Frito-Lay Bold Mix Sack
• 30 count Miss Vickie’s Multipack Tray
• 30 count Lay’s Kettle Cooked Multipack Tray
• 32 count Miss Vickie’s Multipack Box
If you purchased these products, discard and don’t consume. You can also contact Frito-Lay for a full refund.
For more information you can trust, visit bbb.org/Evansville!