99% of computers are vulnerable to software exploits.
68% of funds lost as a result of a cyber-attack were declared unrecoverable.
More than 600,000 Facebook accounts are compromised every single day!
59% of employees steal company data when they quit, or are fired.
In addition to the four frightening facts listed above, also discussed are:
• The FBI’s list of the world’s most wanted cyber criminals currently contains 19 individuals, each being responsible for consumer losses ranging from $350,000 to more than $100 million.
• The world’s most costly virus, known as either “Zeus” or “MyDoom” has led to 38.5 Billion in financial losses!
• A tactic known as spear phishing emails accounts for 91% of attacks!
• A crime ring stole $1 billion in 2 years from 100 different banks in 30 countries by targeting bank employees.
While governments are creating malware and using it as digital weapons or in espionage, criminals are reverse-engineering this code for personal gain. Hacktivism accounts for half of all cyber-attacks launched in the world. View real-time map showing cyber-attacks in action by Norse at IPViking.com.
What can you do?
1. Dispute unauthorized charges made to your credit card within 60 days or as soon as you detect them.
2. File a report with your local police.
3. If anyone has made purchases in your name, File an ID Theft Report with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and report it to the BBB.
For more information you can trust, visit bbb.org/evansville.